Our goal is to provide comprehensive assessments and services, efficient and effective treatment and ongoing education so that clients at our Kelowna based clinic can enjoy an active life. Once clients have had an assessment of their injury, the physiotherapists at Wave use a variety of treatment methods to restore proper joint mechanics and pain-free function as well as to prevent reoccurrence of injury. These treatment methods are combined with ongoing client education ensuring our services are proactive and effective.
We aim to provide a personalized,client-centered and team approach to care. Our physiotherapists do a comprehensive individual assessment for each client aimed at determining the root of the problem. We listen to our clients to determine their specific treatment goals. We focus on patient education during these assessments by explaining the nature of the injuries, the treatment approach, and services we recommend, the prognosis and prevention of reoccurrence. We communicate openly our findings and progress with all the members of our client’s health care team, from their doctor to massage therapist.
Ready to Book?
If you would like more information about which service might be right for you then please feel free to CONTACT US today. If it is your first visit we also have a ‘YOUR FIRST VISIT‘ page, giving you the low down on what to expect for your first trip to Wave Physiotherapy Kelowna. For appointment pricing, please see our RATES PAGE.
Wave Physiotherapy Kelowna Services
Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)
Electrotherapy treatments including;
- Interferential (IFC)
- Transcutaneous Nerve Stimulation (TNS)
- Kelowna Back 2 Function – Spinal education program teaching patients with back pain how to manage the injury with education and specific individualized exercises.
- Sport Injury prevention programs
- Core stabilization programs
- Pre-season assessments for athletes
- Knee Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Golf Performance Programs
At Wave Physiotherapy, we provide assessments to find the particular physical limitations that lead to swing imperfections, corrective programs to eliminate these physical limitations and to improve performance and reduce injury risk. We have the highest post-graduate training in golf-related injuries and have worked with golfers from the PGA Tour to the weekend hacker. Our team includes the Head Physiotherapist with Golf Canada and are Medical Instructors with the Titleist Performance Institute.
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
Urinary incontinence and other pelvic floor disorders are common in the general population, but they are seldom talked about and often assumed to be something that you ‘just have to live with’. Pelvic health physiotherapy can offer pelvic health solutions for a wide range of common disorders. Most people are surprised to find out how effective pelvic health physiotherapy can be at treating urinary incontinence, as well as a variety of other pelvic health disorders such as pelvic pain, bladder prolapse, diastasis recti, and more.
- Virtual Physiotherapy uses the latest communication technology to allow you and your physiotherapist to connect video conferencing to receive physiotherapy services at a distance when an in-person visit is not possible
- Wave Physiotherapy utilizes our clinical software Jane to let you chat 1 on 1 with your physiotherapist over a video call. We can then use health care software to describe your injury to you, create a treatment plan which includes educating you on activity and lifestyle modification including providing you with exercises on the latest virtual rehab software.
- You can be in the comfort of your own home and have the same high-quality expertise provided to you as if you came into the clinic.
With Video Physiotherapy Consults, we can:
- Take a complete history to provide an accurate diagnosis
- Triage you to a medical clinic or another health care professional if needed
- Examine range of motion and movements
- Perform a functional movement examination
- Evaluate strength
- Prescribe exercises and stretches
- Correct exercise form and provide cues to perform them more effectively
- Provide and refine self-joint mobilization techniques
- Provide and refine self-directed soft tissue treatment techniques
- Provide a full rehab plan to follow in your own home
- Help train another person to assist you with exercises or stretches
- Monitor your progress with your treatment program and supervise exercise or meetings with your health-care team.